Monday, March 17, 2008

The de-balling of men

Later Saturday I found myself at Cigar Bar with live music and good drinks. Can I just tell you how many good looking men don't dance salsa? Eye candy everywhere, except I screwed up and had guy #1 come meet us at the bar. I know, I know, you don't bring sand to the beach, but I wanted someone to dance with and I am still trying to figure out whether or not this guy has dating potential. We ended up dancing the rest of the night despite that neither one of us is a great dancer. P. however is a great kisser. Smart, funny, entrepreneurial and a great kisser. We left the bar and had a drink at his place. Then, the talk.

It was a surreal experience. He told me about previous habits (cavorting is how he describes his lifestyle), that he's really looking to settle down but didn't really know me or where this was going. Can I just tell you all that I did not do the 'girl' thing and ask where we were headed? We were just sitting there having a drink- you'd think I was expecting a marriage proposal. Kidding aside though, I did appreciate that he was really up front right away about what he's looking for, how emotionally mature! It was what I needed to hear from the ex but he didn't have the balls to say. He was definitely de-balled, P. isn't. Deballing was described to me when a man is so concerned about not offending his date/woman and is confused as to how to behave, to open the door or not, to sleep together or not, to say what's on your mind or not. Interesting. A ball check is a must moving forward.

Despite or maybe because of the talk, at least he made me breakfast in the morning. What a guy. But I'm not feeling the 'butterflies' so to take my girlfriend's advice, I'm not going to force it, time to move on.

No comments: