Sunday, August 17, 2008

Rocked the Bells

Yesterday's concert at the Shoreline featured some of the biggest and baddest names in 90's hip-hop, when it was raw, real, and rugged.

We caught the tail end of De la Soul, but managed to see the rest of the lineup including Method Man and Redman of the Wu Tang Clan, The Pharcyde, Mos Def, Nas and Q-tip/Tribe Called Quest.

The weather was perfect, we had some kick ass seats and the company was good. All in all, it was a fine weekend in the Bay.

The music was so loud it made our noses itch and our chests thump- I haven't heard bass like that since I was in high school rolling with my boys and their beat booming in their cars (remember bazookas)?

Needless to say, it brought back some memories of the high school days and how much music has changed, especially hip-hop. I believe one of the performers announced yesterday that he's tired of hearing people say that "50 is the best lyricist out there'...the crowd laughed and boo'ed at the notion. And 50 thought he was gansta.

Anyhow, check out some of the photos from the show.


My folks: Kickin' it with my oldest friend in the world- G-Money. And I don't mean she's the oldest, I mean the longest...ha, ha.

I also managed to get myself almost thrown out of the concert- that happens a lot these days, getting picked up by random guys, lol.








No comments: