Monday, August 18, 2008

I'm Strait

Felt like lounging tonight so I met my girlfriend at Straits in the Westfield Shopping Center. I like what they did with the space, with cavernous ceilings, exposed brick, modern decor infused with a pan-Asian style. Lots of light filters through vinyl coated glass panes to diffuse the light. It's a comfie place to kick back and have a few drinks and...the drinks are STIFF. I ordered the Maker's Manhattan (I'm digging Maker's lately) and it kind of messed me up a little. I should have stopped drinking there but was thirsty so, I ordered another drink- should have stuck with the water, he, he. But whatever, this girl is going to work really hard this week so I figured I might as well live it up a little.

Stick to the Drinks
The last couple of times I've been here the drinks have been better than the food and the service is well, moody- what can I say. The sauce for the ribs was a tad on the sweet side and not a lot of flavor as I'm used to. The corn fritter thing was too sweet (I know, corn is SUPPOSED to be sweet) but this was too much and the Samosas were a bit soggy and flavorless instead of being crispy outside, soft and subtly flavored on the inside. Crabcakes had no spice either. I thought I'd give the food another chance but this meztiza is finished with the food here- the food court downstairs has better food options and therefore is a better value. I hear good things about Lark Creek next door though and may stop by that bar next time and nibble on appetizers while I'm at it. At least my drink was good!

No comments: