Saturday, August 2, 2008

Bazaar Life- Chiang Mai's Markets























Chiang Mai's markets were fun to explore, although exhausting. I used my free day in town to explore the biggest markets. The shots here show the variety of goods available to the consumer including authentically crafted home decor, gardening supplies like the statue here and colored stones for immaculate gardens.

The Warorot Market in the city is second to none during the day but really comes alive at night. When I get home, I'll post more pics of the Night Bazaar- truly Thailand's best and liveliest market offering affordable handmade crafts, jewelry and a great selection of antiques- both real and replicas. Thailand is truly a sensory place, as you shop, you smell the variety of food being prepared at the hundreds of food stalls that line the streets, ready to cook you up an authentic dish, right there while you watch. Enjoy the photos. More to come when I get back to the states.





















Warorot Market, Chiang Mai. Four stories of dry and fresh goods. Very Thai place, I was the only tourist there on a Wednesday morning, despite this I felt very welcome and was even able to pick up a few hair products before I went and got my hair done...yes, I am changing it up once again...you'll see when I get back. Back to black.

No comments: