Thursday, September 4, 2008

North Beachin' It

It's been a little busy at work so I've been staying away from the computer. But at last, some quiet time at home to catch you up on the last days of summer in the City.

The great weather made it a fun time to hit the town, North Beach was the destination this time. Seeking outdoor adventure and a little entertainment, last Friday I finally got to see my comadre and her husband. Can I just say, I love caipirinha's? Mangarosa still has the best. After catching D.L. Hughley at Cobb's, we all headed to Vesuvio's for post-comedy show drinks. My guy had the brilliant idea to stop at Stella's for creampuffs, eclair's and other assorted desserts. Mmmm! I love Friday nights in the City! I especially loved that the city was practially empty given the long weekend, Burning Man and other activities that drew the crowds away from the city.

Later in the weekend I found myself trying to recover from sipping sangria, lychee martinis, and as the night wore on, doing shots of vodka, Patron and for T- Tiger Balls (WTF)? My head still hurts....at least his dragon boat buddies were more fun to kick it with than the hillbilly we encountered the following day at his other boy's Labor Day BBQ. Have you ever seen a drunk hillbilly tossing BBQ ribs onto the front lawn while trying to play a hand of poker? Wish I had taken pictures...

No comments: