Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Everything I needed to learn, I learned in the 'hood

This post is dedicated to my hood fabulous prima...

Ghetto Philosophy #1:
Don't hate the player, hate the game.
'Nuff said.

GP #2:
Keep it real
The ghetto interpretation is to never forget where you came from. I think the ghetto-nerd interpretation is that others forget where you came from until they try to cross you. But proceed with caution! (for more information, see Dave Chappelle's 'when keeping it real goes wrong')

GP #3:
Bro's before ho's.
This applies to both men and women, don't ever choose your flavor of the month over your friends, chances are- that bitch will move on when they figure out you have no more friends and you start to become clingy and too available.

Ghetto Fabulous Philosophy #4:
You gotta pay to play.
So this one comes from an acquaintance, but what I think she's getting at is that you have to put in a little work to get any attention, love, time from a woman. Now for some women, this might be a bucket of KFC and a bottle of Strawberry Boon's, for others it may be a Gucci bag. Still for other ladies, it might be bringing me a potted orchid and massaging my feet after a long day. Amen sista'.

Ghetto-Nerd Philosophy #5:
Don't hate, congratulate.
There's nothing cute about being a hater, just smile and say "go girl"! Even though deep down inside you know her long-ass hair extensions look faker than her tits. Or that her bf has a small di*k and a big wallet...oops! Talk about messed up priorities...LMAO.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Word!!!! It was da sheezy! I'm going print out and use as my mantra.