Monday, June 16, 2008

Guys playing hard to get...WTF?

An insight. Since I began dating again, it seems like the only guys I am interested in are the ones who show little interest in me: they are too busy to spend time with their jobs and hobbies, or are seeing many other women/friends, whatever. I'm a busy girl too, so this arrangement seems to have worked before I dated the 9 to 5-er. He spoiled me! Can't say I've ever spent that much time with a boyfriend or shared that many interests, hobbies and friends. I think I was looking for something different, a relationship where I can retain my autonomy but also enjoy companionship and friendship.

I'm not sure how I realized it, maybe after this past sunny weekend in San Diego that I figured out that I no longer wish to play the game. Not that I'm even looking for a long-term relationship, but the tricky thing about dating is that if you see someone over a specific amount of time, eventually feelings will grow or dissipate. My feelings were growing and he was getting more and more aloof. I decided it was time to move on. Clean, before anyone gets hurt.

And then, there was one.

No comments: